Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Book Review: The Last Juror by John Grisham

I'm going to openly admit that I am a John Grisham fan.  I am behind in reading his latest books but other than the last couple I have read all his books...fiction and non-fiction.  Don't know what it is but I always enjoy him.  His books are usually about the legal community and based in the deep south which would seem like it would get old, but I still keep coming back for more and more!  I even work in the legal community so you would think that I would be totally sick of it and not want to read about it...again, wrong!

The Last Juror was shorter than his normal books but I found there was still lots of story in it and great character development.  Based on how the cover described the book it was not exactly as I expected...yes, that means there is drama!  But amongst all the drama there is wonderfully written characters and you discover a very likable little town (despite all its nuances and quirks). 

The ending was not what I expected and I totally love that.  I love it when a book keeps you on your toes so that even when you try to predict what will happen you are mostly wrong.

Do you like reading pop fiction like John Grisham?  I recommend The Last Juror - go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment