Thursday, July 19, 2012

Book Review: The Face of A Stranger by Anne Perry

I have been trying to finish this book for a very long time (you may have noticed how long it has been in my reading list) because I found it very slow.  The premise of the book really intrigued me: detective looses his memory; goes back to work and is thrown into a murder mystery all while trying to remember who he is and what his life is about. 

Sounds pretty good right? 

Well, this book was okay, just very slow. It is a rather large book (for a mystery) and I found parts simply boring but I was kept interested just enough that I needed to know 'who did it'.  It is set in the early 1900s and is considered a Victorian Mystery.  I did enjoy reading about how they solve murders when they have no modern day technology and following along their train of thoughts when again, they have no database to look up in a computer, etc.

While I don't recommend this book per se, I'm glad that I finished it.  The mystery was solved and life can go back to normal now!

Have you ever read Anne Perry?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy Anne Perry's books from time to time, though she's not someone I read very often. I've got one on the TBR pile at the moment, bought in one of the library's throw-out sales. She wrote some short Christmas mysteries which are rather nice to read at that time of year.

    ReplyDelete