Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Review: The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani

I just finished reading the most amazing book - The Shoemaker's Wife.  I absolutely LOVED it.  If you love character stories that center on their whole lives you will love this book too.  I feel like this is the best book I have read since The Help.

The story is about a boy and a girl and their whole lives.  Sounds simple, I know but it is not.  They meet when the are children, are separated, meet again when they are adults, are separated and meet again later and...wait I better not give it away!  The book starts off in Italy and then into America and keeps moving.  I just love the character development in this book and kept thinking throughout that I wish I knew these actual people.

Well, I hope I have whetted your appetite because I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment