Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So I went to my mom's to get her to teach me how to sew the panels of my multi-coloured afghan together and she advised me that my particular pattern is quite difficult.  She forgot to tell me a 'tip' that I could have done that would have made the sewing part so much easier.  Now, it is not going to be very easy and it will be time consuming.  Crap.  Because my mom knows that I want to give this afghan as a gift she offered to do all the sewing for me.  Hmmm???  I now have what I like to call a 'knitting moral dilemna'!  I want the afghan to look its best because it is a gift but I feel like I am cheating if I get my mom to do the hard part for me. 

Have you ever been in my situation before?  What did you do?

I haven't quite decided what I am going to do yet.  I am leaning towards letting my mom do the sewing part and then have her give it back to me so I can finish off the border.  I really want to learn how to sew pieces together but at the same time I know that if I learn on a really difficult project I will get discouraged and frustrated. 

I would love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment