Sunday, February 12, 2012

I read The Weeds that String the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley on my recent vacation and I LOVED this book.  I highly recommend this series.  The first book is called The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and introduces you to Flavia DeLuce.  She is the most adorable 11 year old little girl.  I don't want to spoil it but she is one of the best characters I have met in years.  I think Alan Bradley is a genious in his creation of her.

The book I just finished is the second one in the series and I belive the third one has already been released, so I am going to find it from my local library right away.

Each book so far has had a mystery for Flavia to solve, in her own way!  I really don't want to tell you too much about the plot because I think part of the fun in reading is getting to know the character yourself while you are reading.

Once again, I highly recommend this series.  Go and have some downtime and read a great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment