Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finished Multi-Coloured Afghan!

Well, after what feels like FOREVER I have finally finished the multi-coloured afghan I have been working on.  From previous posts you have seen the afghan in pieces. 

Here is an up close look at the border that I knit all the way around.  My mom did have to help me with sewing all the strips together (and she helped by fixing some of my mistakes) but then I finished up the border.  The finishing touches really do make it come all together and make it totally worth it.  



Here is a shot of the completed project!



I'm really happy with the finished project.  When I was designing the colours, etc. I wasn't really sure how they would work with each other and look all put together but I'm quite happy with the colours.

I made this afghan for my boss.  I know that sounds weird.  But he is quite a good boss and has been very generous to my husband and I with respect to bonuses and giving me time off whenever I want it/need it.  So this was something that I thought I could give him and his wife to show our gratitude that wouldn't be inappropriate or anything like that.  I checked with their daughter ahead of time and had an idea that these colours would go well with their basement.  When I gave him the gift he was really shocked and couldn't believe I made it (actually he didn't believe me and I had to convince him!) but he did say that the colours would match perfectly!  So I felt very relieved.

Finishing this project has given me a huge sense of accomplishment and it was something I love to do.  What more can you ask for?

Next, I will tell you about another project I finished recently.  Stay tuned...

1 comment: