Sunday, April 8, 2012

Book Beginnings: Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood

Thanks to Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings.  This is my first time participating, so here it goes:

Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood - first paragraph:

"Out of the gravel there are peonies growing.  They come up through the loose grey pebbles, their buds testing the air like snails' eyes, then swelling and opening, huge dark-red flowers all shining and glossy like satin.  Then they burst and fall to the ground."

This first paragraph doesn't really tell you anything about the plot of the book, but that is okay with me.  I think it is very symbolic of the theme of the book and still made me want to keep reading.

If you want to participate in Book Beginnings please head on over to Rose City Reader to learn how and join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. I am ashamed to say that I have never read Margaret Atwood.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete