Monday, May 7, 2012

Book Review: Four of a Kind by Valerie Frankel

I finished reading this book on the weekend and I didn't love it, but didn't hate it either.  It is hard for me to describe because I can't say there was anything wrong with it specifically (i.e. plot, language, depth) but it did not grab my attention or interest.  Having said that, if I really don't like a book I will stop reading it and I did not want to stop reading this book.  I did care enough to want to know what happened to the characters (4 woman who didn't know each other becoming friends), so that is a plus.  One of the main themes in the book is poker - so if you are a fan of poker you will appreciate that aspect of the book.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend this book unless you have read other books by Valerie and liked them. 

Now, I am getting back into Sherlock Holmes again.  Yea for me for attempting something on my wish list!

Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment