Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Review: Bunheads by Sophie Flack

I finished reading Bunheads this past weekend and really enjoyed it.  This is the first novel by Sophie Flack and I think she did great.  She is a ballerina herself and so she wrote about what she knows.  This story gives you a very in depth look into the work of professional ballet.  I thought I knew what this book was going to be about (the inside cover made it sounds quite typical) but it actually wasn't.  I really enjoyed being a part of the main characters life as she made major life decisions regarding her dancing.  I would recommend anyone reading this book.  I have never had anything to do with a dance class (if you saw me dance you would agree) but I still felt that it was written in such a relate able way.  Very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment