Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book Review: Angelina's Bachelors by Brian O'Reilly

My library called me on Tuesday to let me know that some books I had ordered were available.  Whenever I get this call I get excited because I never know which or how many books it will be.  I keep my 'list book' with me at all times and one of my never ending lists is 'books I want to read', so whenever I hear about a good book or see a review or anything that peaks my interest I write the title and author's name down on my list.  Then once my list starts getting full I go to the library's website and order them all up.  Usually the books I request have a waiting list or need to come from another library but that is okay, I always have lots to read in the meantime.

So, one of the books I picked up on Tuesday was Angelina's Bachelors by Brian O' Reilly.  I don't even remember where I heard about this book and I don't even remember ordering it so the waiting list must have been long and that means the book must be in demand!  Well, let me tell you, it was worth the wait.  This is one of the cutest books I have read in soooo long.  I finished it in four days and just found it absolutely enjoyable.

Angelina is a chef and the book actually has all her recipes in it!  If you love good food and/or love to cook you will love this book even more.  I can't say that I am a huge cook (I do it cause I have to eat) but I still was able to appreciate Angelina's various recipes and love of cooking.  As much as this book is about food and cooking it is also about love, friendship and growth.  I highly recommend this book.

Since I had such success with this book I can't wait to start reading the other books the library had for me!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment